Graduate School of Medicine
[Original site] http://www.med.gunma-u.ac.jp/en/
Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine was originally founded as Maebashi Medical College in 1943. It became Maebashi College of Medical Science in 1948, and then Gunma University School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine in 1947. In 1996, School of Health Sciences was established in the Faculty of Medicine. In 2003, we launched a new restructuring program, and School of Medicine was transformed to Graduate School of Medicine, Course of Medical Sciences. In addition, two Sections in Gunma University Hospital, four Departments in Institute for Molecular and Cellular Regulation Gunma University and three Divisions in Takasaki Radiation Chemistry Research Establishment, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute (JAERI) (presently Takasaki Advanced Radiation Research Institute, Japan Atomic Energy Agency) were incorporated in Course of Medical Sciences as Cooperative Sections.